If you own a pet rabbit or want to own one, understanding a hutch’s importance is crucial. Hutches are less like cages and more like houses for your pet rabbits. The best rabbit hutches come in various designs, sizes, and levels of security. They give your rabbit a comfortable place to eat, rest, and sleep safely.
The rabbit hutch you choose will be your pet rabbit’s home for the rest of its life.
So, whether you’re searching for the best outdoor rabbit hutch or the best indoor rabbit hutch, the following list will have the best of both worlds.
If you are looking to find the best rabbit hutch then you also need a hay feeder, use our guide on the best hay feeders for rabbits to make the best decision for you and your rabbit.
What Are Rabbit Hutches?
A rabbit hutch is a rabbit house or type of rabbit cage. A rabbit hutch is where your pet rabbit will spend most of its time, as it’s able to eat, sleep, play and rest inside a rabbit hutch.
Since your pet rabbit will spend so much time inside its hutch it is essential that you choose the best rabbit hutch possible for you and your furry friend.
Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch
With an upgraded, second-generation design, this rabbit hutch is one of a kind. It has two compartments: a top and a bottom. It offers extra metal wire netting and thick plastic trays and features a sliding door to separate the two chambers. Plus, the stainless steel casters are high-quality, reliable, and durable.
The hutch can hold up to 2-3 bunnies in an inner tray space of 8.3 feet square. This is truly one of the best rabbit hutches available today!
- The metal wire netting is removable
- The plastic trays are no-leak and easily cleanable
- Plastic does not catch mold and lasts longer
- The house is very easy to clean
- The netting is can be a little flimsy
- If the rabbits start chewing on the wood, it can damage the hutch
PawHut Rabbit Hutch
Another wooden, two-story design, this rabbit hutch by PawHut, is a mixture of aesthetics and quality. It features three doors, a large removable tray, and a spacious living area. The entire thing is made of solid wood and water-based, non-toxic paint that is safe for you and your pet rabbit.
- The enclosure is an iron wire-style for proper ventilation and does not hinder the view
- The steel wiring is sturdy and secure
- The pull-out tray is easy to clean
- You can create one or two rooms by adjusting the removable divider in the living area
- The ramp is very steep for some rabbits
- Some consumers find the tray to be a little too thin
Trixie Rabbit Hutch
If you’re looking for an extra-large rabbit Hutch with open space, durable construction, and aesthetic design, consider this hutch by Trixie. It offers two stories, a retreat area on the top, and an attic with removable flooring. The heart is surrounded by wooden frames and wire netting, with a green roof and ramp.
This hutch is also great for outdoor use and is one of the best rabbit hutches available.
- The ramp is non-slip and allows easy access to the rabbit
- It features a hatch door to separate the two levels and restrict access whenever wanted
- The plastic trays are a pull-out to enable easy and quick cleaning
- The wired design allows good circulation
- The latches are not good quality and are not sturdy enough
- It is quite expensive as compared to other rabbit hutches of its kind
Merax Rabbit Hutch
Featuring a two-story, wooden construction with wired windows, this Merax Rabbit Hutch is rabbit-friendly and eco-friendly. It has a waterproof and anti-corrosion design that resists UV rays and ensures longevity. Other features include a removable tray, PVC plastic covers, and a metal slide bolt.
- The construction is sturdy and robust
- The hutch is weatherproof
- The removable tray allows easy cleaning
- Overall, it has an aesthetic, stylish, and convenient design
- The varnish of the pen is non-toxic, waterproof, and eco-friendly
- Assembly takes some time and effort if you are a beginner and have never done it before
Petsfit Rabbit Hutch
This hutch by Petsfit is made of solid wood that increases the longevity of the product and makes it durable. This rabbit hutch can hold one or two rabbits and hamsters, guinea pigs, and other smaller animals. The hutch comes with pre-drilled holes to ensure the assembly is easy and doesn’t take much time and effort.
- You get to choose from three stylish color options, including wine red, grey, red, and white, depending on your personal preferences
- The removable tray allows easy cleaning and maintenance
- Plus, the dish is deeper and leak-proof
- The wood construction will not hold well against chewing and rain
TangKula Rabbit Hutch
This rabbit hutch guarantees design, longevity, and convenience, a 60-inch large construction with white, black, and red options. The rabbit house is made of good quality fir wood, steel wires, and waterproof paint. The living area is spacious and allows plenty of room for your small rabbits.
The design is user-friendly, not just for the pet but also for you. The wired windows make it easy for the pet to have a clear view and proper ventilation. Plus, it allows you to keep an eye on your little friend.
- The waterproof construction makes it long-lasting and resistant to weather damage
- The color scheme is aesthetically pleasing and looks great indoors and outdoors
- The design of the hutch is practical and easy to understand for both you and your pet
- The removable trays make the hutch easy to clean and maintain
- The hutch is not suitable for movement and has limited portability
- It takes slightly more time to assemble
ALEKO Rabbit Hutch
Spacious, airy, and easy to maintain; this hutch is an excellent option for smaller pet rabbits. It features a big living area, wired windows and walls, and a ramp to move from the top tier to the bottom one. The whole ALEKO hutch is made of wood and has lockable doors.
You can detach the tray from the hutch by pulling it out, cleaning it, and sliding it back in. Firwood construction is strong, sturdy, and durable.
- The roof is asphalt shingle for added weather protection
- The wire netting ensures maximum ventilation and light
- The hutch is pretty easy to assemble and does not require many tools, manual labor, or time
- It is not suitable for a lot of animals or bigger ones.
VidaXL Rabbit Hutch
This 36-inches rabbit hutch by VidaXL looks as organized and private as it is. It has two tiers and has a door and a wired window on top and bottom. Both the levels have a pull-out tray each that you can simply remove and clean.
- The design is aesthetically pleasing
- The construction is sturdy
- The sizing is decent for small to average-sized rabbits
- The wood is not as high-quality as you’d like
- It will not be able to hold larger sized pet rabbits
New Age Pet Rabbit Hutch
This indoor New Age rabbit hutch is a sight to see in maple color and simple yet modern design. It has wired roofing that allows maximum ventilation and sunlight exposure. Plus, the bottom of the hutch has a slide-out tray that is removable and washable very quickly.
- The frame is made of Eco-Flex
- The wood is non-absorbent, which means it’s easy to clean and long-lasting
- You don’t need any extra or fancy tools to assemble this hutch
- It is strictly an indoor hutch, so you cannot move it outdoors
- The walls are a bit shaky and not as sturdy as you’d like
Kinbor Rabbit Hutch
Finally, this outdoor hutch with a white, brown, and black color scheme and wooden construction is a crowd favorite. The reason behind this is that it’s durable, eco-friendly, and non-toxic. Plus, it gives the rabbit lots of space to eat, run, and rest. It features two stories connected by a ramp, along with grid fencing and wired walls.
- It allows convenient access but ensures safety through lockable doors
- The design is neat and simple yet aesthetically pleasing
- The pull-out tray allows easy and quick cleaning
- The locks are low-quality
- The wood could do better in terms of quality
Should Your Pet Rabbit Live Indoors or Outdoors?
There are some many pros and cons to each side, for the real answer to this question check out our article: Is it Better for Pet Rabbits to Live Indoors or Outdoors
The Best Outdoor Rabbit Hutch
Our pick for the best outdoor rabbit hutch is the Trixie rabbit hutch!
The combination of the added security, high-quality woods and roofing, and extra space for your pet rabbit to play makes it one of the best options for an outdoor rabbit hutch.
The Best Indoor Rabbit Hutch
Our pick for the best indoor rabbit hutch is the Aivituvin rabbit hutch!
The Aivituvin rabbit hutch has a very sleek design mixed with high-quality materials that already make the Aivituvin hutch superior to most. What really puts them over the top is how easy it is to clean. When you have a rabbit hutch indoors it is important that you are able to maintain and clean it.
Check out our Aivituvin Rabbit Hutch Review
Take Care of Your New Pet Rabbit!
For all the best tips on taking care of your rabbit check out:
Conclusion – The Best Rabbit Hutches
Picking the best rabbit hutch is a big decision and can be overwhelming, considering there are so many market options. If you love your pet rabbit, you want the best for it. The list given above should help you make an informed decision on the best rabbit hutch for your furry friend.
I have always loved rabbits. A rabbit was my very first pet. Since owning my first rabbit I have gone on to own many more. I look forward to being able to get my kids their very own pet rabbits.