Millions of people own pet rabbits. There are so many reasons rabbits make such great family pets. They are a wonderful addition to any family home. If you are already thinking of owning a rabbit, just reading this may persuade your family to take the plunge!
1. Rabbits are clean animals. – Rabbits keep themselves well groomed and can be trained to use a litter box. Depending on your climate a rabbit can live a great life outside your house as well.
2. Rabbits have a good temperament. – A rabbit won’t wake you up in the middle of the night or eat your cat. They generally have great personalities and love attention.
3. Rabbits love children and vice versa. – Gentle little creatures as rabbits are, they get along well with the youngest members of the household. They are great in the home or in classrooms. Soft and cuddly, rabbits are easy to hold, feed and play with. A rabbit can teach a child responsibility and ownership – and they are so much fun!
4. Rabbits are not difficult to care for. – They don’t take a lot of work. Keeping the litter box and/or hutch clean and fresh water and food plentiful are the basics to providing a great home for your little pet. Add in lots of hugs, and you will have one sweet bunny!
5. Rabbits are inexpensive. – A rabbit costs hundreds of dollars less per year to take care of then a dog. There are so many more reasons to own a pet rabbit.