Millions of people own pet rabbits. There are so many reasons rabbits make such great family pets. They are a wonderful addition to any family home. If you are already thinking of owning a rabbit, just reading this may persuade your family to take the plunge!
1. Rabbits are clean animals. – Rabbits keep themselves well groomed and can be trained to use a litter box. Depending on your climate a rabbit can live a great life outside your house as well.
2. Rabbits have a good temperament. – A rabbit won’t wake you up in the middle of the night or eat your cat. They generally have great personalities and love attention.
3. Rabbits love children and vice versa. – Gentle little creatures as rabbits are, they get along well with the youngest members of the household. They are great in the home or in classrooms. Soft and cuddly, rabbits are easy to hold, feed and play with. A rabbit can teach a child responsibility and ownership – and they are so much fun!
4. Rabbits are not difficult to care for. – They don’t take a lot of work. Keeping the litter box and/or hutch clean and fresh water and food plentiful are the basics to providing a great home for your little pet. Add in lots of hugs, and you will have one sweet bunny!
5. Rabbits are inexpensive. – A rabbit costs hundreds of dollars less per year to take care of than a dog. There are so many more reasons to own a pet rabbit.
Please take a moment to comment. Why do you think rabbits make great pets?
I have always loved rabbits. A rabbit was my very first pet. Since owning my first rabbit I have gone on to own many more. I look forward to being able to get my kids their very own pet rabbits.
Rabbits are not Inexpensive pets. Quality food pellets, hay, fresh vegetables daily, litterbox substrate, and chew toys can add up quickly. Rabbits have very sensitive digestive and respiratory systems and should only be treated by rabbit-saavy vets. There are very few pet insurance options since they are considered “exotic.” As rabbits age and health concerns get more numerous and complex, vet bills can be $500 or m1ore per visit.
Think your comments need changed Rabbits are great but big mistake if you think you could is carrying them around taking care of them,hard work is need some rabbits are temperamental and all have different personalitys please don’t say easy pets,brilliant pets expensive and great but not easy,mines 11
What great feedback, thank you for sharing!
I have owned one Rex for 10 years and he was very special and always stayed in the house and was litter trained. I now own a female Rex with a totally different personality. They bring so much joy in my life.. I love my precious bunny’s…
Hopefully soon we will have links to some local places for you to buy a rabbit!